We hope you are all doing well.
We don’t know much more than you do about what the upcoming semester will look like.
What we know is that it will take place, starting next week with online classes, since a lot of people cannot come to Tübingen or even Germany for the foreseeable future.
Make sure to regularly check Alma, Moodle and Ilias to get the most up-to-date information on the classes you’re interested in taking. The university and the SfS have some more information on how this semester will take place:
- Semester opening meeting (ISCL): Starting on 2PM of April 14th, you can join this Moodle version of the introductory meeting: https://moodle.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de/enrol/index.php?id=836
- Course list (General Linguistics): The course list for the summer semester can be accessed via the red box on the lower right-hand side of https://uni-tuebingen.de/fakultaeten/philosophische-fakultaet/fachbereiche/neuphilologie/seminar-fuer-sprachwissenschaft
- Course list (Computer Science): The Fachschaft Informatik compiled a list of computer science classes with information on how they will take place. The list includes several NLP/ML courses that might be interesting for ISCL students who still need to fill their Supplementary Area modules (ask your advisor whether the classes you’d like to take will be recognized by the SfS!) https://www.fsi.uni-tuebingen.de/covid19/vorlesungen
- Course list (Machine Learning): The ML department also has a list of the courses they offer this semester with links to the course webpages and information on how they are offered. Many of these courses might be interesting for ISCL students who still need to fill their Supplementary Area modules (ask your advisor whether the classes you’d like to take will be recognized by the SfS!) https://uni-tuebingen.de/de/175740
- Official university information on the summer semester: https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/university/information-on-the-corona-virus/corona-virus-information-for-students/
- While there are no in-person office hours right now, you can still contact your study advisors and other SfS staff via email.
We hope you had a nice holiday and are staying safe!
– The Fachschaft
EDITED on 2020-04-13 to add the link to the computer science courses.
EDITED on 2020-04-17 to add the link to the ML courses.