To get impressions of what the software internships can look like (and how different they all are) and to find out more about potential companies/organizations where you can apply, we recommend going to the internship presentations! They take place approximately twice a semester and are announced via email about a week before they take place.
You should also check the internship page on the SfS website, which contains general information on the internship module as well as a sample list of companies where you could do your internship.
Internship reports and presentations
Please contact us if you’d like to share your internship report and/or presentation!
- Sevde Ceylan (BA ISCL) @ VICO Research & Consulting GmbH: report
This is a non-exhaustive(!!) list of companies where ISCL students have completed software internships and/or companies that have reached out to the SfS and/or us because they are regularly looking for software interns.
Here is a list of companies that frequently offer internships for computational linguists:
- Averbis GmbH
- Daimler AG
- Georg Thieme Verlag (please send your applications directly to Michael Auth
- Kenbun IT AG
- Naver Labs Europe (previously Xerox Research Centre Europe)
- VICO Research & Consulting
Other companies that offer internships not especially for computational linguists, but more general programming internships:
- Agilent Technologies Deutschland GmbH
- Alcatel Lucent
- Altair (previously AWE Communications)
- Bosch & Bosch (international)
- cabuu GmbH
- Devoteam (previously Danet)
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Hewlett Packard
- Holometric Technologies (Zeiss)
- NEC Laboratories Europe
- Plus X Strategie GmbH
- Procter and Gamble
- Software AG
- Trustner (perviously Careon)
- Vector Informatik GmbH
Job portals are also a very good opportunity to do a specialized search for internships, for example: