Our first meeting concerning the upcoming winter semester was yesterday.
The main topic was how to offer covid-appropriate alternatives to our usual beginning-of-the-semester activities.
This is the short summary of the meeting, the long version is in our Telegram group (let us know if you’d like to join!).
- Digital activities for the upcoming semester: digital Ersti (first semester student) café, either combined with or in addition to digital ‘speed friending’ (get to know your future classmates in small groups at a time).
- Buddy programme: Can we find enough interested ‘old’ students who would like to participate in a buddy programme for new students?
- Office hours: If possible, we’d like to organize digital Fachschaft office hours next semesters so that you all can easily contact us with questions or concerns about your studies.
- Discord server: We’re planning to set up a Discord server (or something similar) for new students.
- Transparency about meetings: We decided to share more information about our meetings, and you can already see the results here :-)
- Hiring new professors: Two Fachschaft members are part of the hiring committee for a new linguistics professor, and they gave us a summary of how this works.
Do you have suggestions for activities for SfS students in the new semester?
Would you like to help out with organizing the activities mentioned above?
Or would you like to join future meetings to get involved in the decisions the Fachschaft makes, or just to get a better impression of what we do exactly and how?
Get in touch with us (
nwsinf1 AT uni-tuebingen DOT de); we’d love to hear from you!
Enjoy the summer break and good luck with your term papers/projects!
– The Fachschaft